Please view PDF link below:
30 Days Novena For The Poor Souls In Purgatory
A Plenary Indulgence can be gained for a Holy Soul in Purgatory by spending at least half an hour before Jesus Christ exposed in the Blessed Sacrament. The Vatican “Book of Indulgences,” however, states that to gain this Plenary Indulgence:
• You must have had Confession within 8 days and be in a State of Grace;
• You must receive Holy Communion on the day of the Indulgence.
• You must pray for the Holy Father’s intentions. And pray
the “Our Father,” “Hail Mary,” “Glory Be,” and the “Apostles’ Creed.”
• You must be aware of and ask for the Indulgence.
• You can gain only one Plenary Indulgence per day.
Remember too, that the readings and prayers contained in this Novena conform to the Doctrine of the Catholic Church,
• in accordance with the texts of the Second Vatican Council
• the Church’s dogmatic constitution “Lumen Gentium” (49-100)
• Catechism of the Catholic Church (1030-1032, 1471-1472).
The Second Vatican Council also affirms the doctrine of the preceding Councils on the communion of life with our brothers and sisters who are experiencing purification following their death. (p. 913)